Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Settings: I want to capture an entire 1.5 hr softball game, what is the best settings to allow this?

I want to be able to capture a 1.5 hour game on one battery for the Hero 8 - any recommendations on what settings to use to make this happen? It does not need to be best quality, just good enough quality. thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Settings: I want to capture an entire 1.5 hr softball game, what is the best settings to allo...

Hi @matobesman

Check out https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/HERO8-Black-Recording-Time-in-Each-Video-Setting/ta-p/438095 for information.

Other users suggest taking the battery out and letting the camera run off an external power source.

If working with this setup, please note that removing the side door on the camera will leave the USB ports exposed which compromises the camera's waterproof ability. 

Thanks!

Ej

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Settings: I want to capture an entire 1.5 hr softball game, what is the best settings to allo...

Hi @matobesman

Check out https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/HERO8-Black-Recording-Time-in-Each-Video-Setting/ta-p/438095 for information.

Other users suggest taking the battery out and letting the camera run off an external power source.

If working with this setup, please note that removing the side door on the camera will leave the USB ports exposed which compromises the camera's waterproof ability. 

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

Thank you, I powered the unit through an external battery and it worked great! Thanks for the advice!