Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Setting exposure, hero 3 vs 5 Black

[ New ]
Hello,

My race season is about to start again, and was checking my camera's, I have the above 2. The 3 always recorded without any problems from me rollcage, but the 5 is a problem. I have to manually set and fix the exposure to the window/outside. Only then the footage is fine. Now, first, I can't reach my camera very well, so not too happy with it. Second, I bought the remote for gopro; really works great on both camera's. But quite useless when I have to fiddle on the camera each time that I switch it on.
Are there settings I can make that it will handle the light correct anyway? Since the 3 does the work fine (spot meter off)?
Nomad

Re: Setting exposure, hero 3 vs 5 Black

[ New ]

Try using a gradiant filter on your camera.  It will darken the sky while leaving the inside of the car visible.  You'll then have a more balanced picture.  I've been using gradiant filters since the GP4 Black and I found them to be excellent for getting a much better picture overall.

Tourist

Re: Setting exposure, hero 3 vs 5 Black

[ New ]
I fear that won't help. It's not really the sky you see, it's just the sun, or huge amount that f bright light into the window, in the darker car. Also the tarmac is bright, it reflects the sun.
I hoped to find a solution in the other settings of the cam..