Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

Set up live everytime needed

I have Hero 7 Black and Galaxy A8.

Only able to setup "other" streaming but everytime after completing live stream, have to perform "setup live" again to do repeat live stream and also need to remove camera from gopro app and re-pairing since gopro app prompts to do so.

Setup "youtube" streaming keeps asking for account, which when selected does nothing, and it prompts again for the account to use. So stuck there cannot proceed further.

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Set up live everytime needed

Hello @grandhero46231. Make sure that the YouTube account  that you have selected has already allowed live streaming (accessed via YouTube, not the GoPro App).  Then get started with live stream again following the instructions here. Make sure that you have a strong and stable Internet connection,  a cellular plan that lets you use your phone as a hotspot. Let us know how it goes. 

Highlighted
Hiker

Re: Set up live everytime needed

Hi @mariustanya , yes my youtube account allows live streaming, have live streaming working (as other rtmp URL option since youtube never worked with GoPro app for me) with GoPro camera last time but just that everytime need to remove camera and register the camera with GoPro App then redo setup live streaming before i can start streaming. Such a hassle.

After the 5.2.2 GoPro app update even using the above step results in a worst problem. You get live streaming shown on GoPro and Hero 7 Black camera, but upon checking with youtube there is no data stream received at youtube side.

Using other encoder e.g. streamlabs obs still working with youtube, so something is broken in GoPro Hero 7 Black or GoPro app.