03-13-2018 03:51 AM
My gopro hero session wont connect to my app on my android phone. I have reset the wifi setting on my camera and re-installed the app multiple times. When my app can eventually see the gopro, which takes a while, I cant connect, as it keeps asking me for my password. Ive reset the wifi settings on my camera as I dont remember my password.
I dont understand what it wants me to do.
Here are the steps I have taken:
Held down the wifi button and reset wifi
opened the app and pressed new hero session camera
selected yes to first time connected to a mobile device
turned on app option on the gopro session
pressed continue on app
waited for it to say connecting and then...
It askes me to enter the password for my camera. I DONT KNOW THE PASSWORD.
Please advise what I should do. I have been able to use this camera multiple times before, but when setting it up on this new phone, nothing.
03-13-2018 04:52 AM
(If you have ever sucessfully connected to the app do this first)
Delete the camera from the app by holding down on the picture and then deleting (If you have an instance of the camera on the app)
Delete/Forget any Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connections of the camera you might have on your phone
HERO4 Session Pairing process
- Open the GoPro App:
- From the home page, tap the icon in the top left corner.
- Tap on "Add A Camera" (iOS), "Camera" (Android)
- Tap "HERO4 Session.”
- Pick up your camera:
- Press the "Info/Wireless" button to turn on the display.
- Press the "Info/Wireless" button again to cycle to APP, then press the "Shutter/Select" button to select it.
- On the device, complete these steps:
- Tap "Continue."
- Enter the PIN displayed on your camera status screen, then tap "Pair."
- Create a new camera name and password, then tap "Continue."
- For iOS users: Go to Settings > Wi-Fi on your phone and select your camera name, enter the password, then return to the app. You will see a blue dot next to the camera name indicated that it is connected.
- Tap your camera name to connect to the camera’s Wi-Fi network