Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Session 5 which SD Card for update (Manual update fails)

[ New ]

I am trying to fix my Session 5 wich fails always the manual update.

A "reset" (pressing "record button" and "mode button" @ the same time for 10s) doesen't work.

I can turn the GoPro On and Off by a long press on the "mode button" ... all other functions are dead so far I can tell.

The red light on the front is flashing fast.

I already tried different SD Cards:

1. Samsung Evo Plus SCXC U3 128GB [not working]
  2. SanDisk Ultra SDHC C10 16GB [not working]
  3. Samsung Pro+ SDHC U3 32GB [not working]

My last try is buying a SD card from the list of fully compatible SD cards [link] 

I choose the "SanDiskExtreme UHS-I 32GB" but I can not find the SD card in my country with the same manifacture part number (see picture with red marking) 

GoproSessionSD.PNG

How important is it that the "SanDisk Extreme UHS-1 32GB" has the same part number ? Or should every "SanDisk Extreme UHS-I 32GB" work ? 

I am worried that the newer cards will not work with the old session ...

I there anything else I can try to get my gopro working again ?

Thanks in advance.

Manuel 

GoPro

Re: Session 5 which SD Card for update (Manual update fails)

[ New ]

Hi @manuelz8285

We'll have this checked with the team.

The cards listed on  SD Cards that Work with GoPro Cameras are the ones that have been tested with our cameras.

Other cards may work but are observed to cause issues with the camera eventually.

You may also reach out to Support to check on possible options on the camera.

Please submit a request for a callback or initiate a chat session through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs 

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

@aragon1006 

I am looking forward to the answer from the team ... in the meanwhile I will order a SD card as close as possible for me to the listed manifacture part number.

I will keep you updated and make a new video whith the new SD card. (I realy hope this time the update process is sucessful)

BR

Manuel

Tourist

[ New ]

I bought a "SanDisk Extreme UHS-1 32GB" also not working (see youtube video attached)

Need more help here, please !

BR

Manuel

Backpacker

[ New ]

You said you were trying to fix a problem with your Session 5 to begin with.  What was the issue the camera was having?

Tourist

[ New ]

I had no issues at the beginning ... the session was working with no problems. I just wanted to update the camera to the newest firmware.

Backpacker

[ New ]

Make sure the SD card is fully formatted (empty) before you copy the update folder across.  Make sure the contents of the folder are the extracted files (not zipped).  

Tourist

[ New ]

The SD-Card is fresh formated, 32GB in FAT32 ... after formatting I only copy the update file to it.

SD-Card_Formate_Content

The update folder contains this three files ... 

Update Folder on SD card

Then I insert the SD-Card in my Session5. The Session starts immediately and trys to update but always fails.

Backpacker

[ New ]

Make sure you did a "Full Format" and not a "quick format" on the card.  Also best thing to do is use the proper formatting tool and not just windows formatter.

SD Memory Card Formatter for Windows Download | SD Association (sdcard.org)

Tourist

[ New ]

I did a full format with the tool ...

Full Format SD Card

Still not working (update fails)

Tourist

[ New ]

Last update of my Session 5.

After talking to the gopro support (They where telling me the camera is to old, buy a new one. They can not do anything for me ...) i tried to open the camera to disconnect the batterie (I thougt maybe no power for a few minutes will help) unfortunately i fried the cam by heating up the epoxi glue. Now there is no sign of live anymore of the camera.

Anyway I would thank everybody for trying to help me. Thanks :) 

IMG_20210728_105503.jpg

--- Closed ---