Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Session 5 incorrect time on videos

Agree. Totally ridiculous for this problem to still exist.. very disappointing and frustrating for people who love taking videos and keeping track where and when they have been with their cameras.

HELLO IS ANYONE FROM GOPRO READING THIS?!

Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

Yes, I'm with GoPro and I responded to this thread as recently as four days ago. If you're still having issues after trying the steps outlined earlier in this thread, please reach out to our Support team directly. We'll do our best to find a solution for you.

Thanks,

Jeff

Highlighted
Sightseer

I have discussed this issue in length with GoPro Customer support and they even REPLACED my GoPro Session camera with a completely different unit and the time stamp issue remained. It’s hopeless.
Highlighted
Hiker

Jeff, appreciate that you are responding to this thread, however it's clear from your response 4 days ago that you didn't actually read the thread in detail. Your suggestion of syncing the clock on the camera does absolutely nothing to alleviate the issue... that's the whole point of this thread... it doesn't matter what camera time is set to, it records GMT+0 to videos.

Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

OK. Please reach out to our Support team directly and they'll be glad to dig into your specific issues. That's going to be the best way to get this addressed. Our Support team can be reached at https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs.

Thanks,

Jeff

Highlighted
Tourist

@Jeff thanks for responding.

Since you really care, realize the problem.
When you transfer a video from the Gopro to your mobile, the time changes to GMT 0. It is a bug probably in the timestamp recording of the gopro’s file.

It existed in the gopro 4 i had from the launch day and it still exists in the gopro 5 I now own.

—->WHEN I SEND A VIDEO FROM THE GOPRO TO MY MOBILE THE VIDEO’S TIMESTAMP CHANGES TO GMT 0<—-

In earlier times, when I contacted diectly the support, they told me it is my mobile’s bug. But you know? It was iOS 7. Now it is iOS 11 and still exists. And nit only for me but for everyone.

To begin with, I suppose that you, @Jeff , or anyone there, has to confirm the existence of the bug, and then you have to inform us why it is there and how, with a firmware update, it will be solved.
Highlighted
Nomad

@jefft and the rest - just to update on the suggestion to "contact support"

Aside from that I had opened a case on this last year already, and only ever got a generic reply back that said - update, reboot and all these useless generic instructions... the only way to contact support is by phone or the chat (I used the chat) it took 45+min to get to the point of opening a support case - who really has time for this?? this is appalling customer support.

Anyway, I did recieve a confirmation email Nov 22 that "this case has been raised with our team".

Then on Nov 24 (two days later) I get this:

"Case Reminder"

We haven’t heard back from you in a few days, and wanted to follow up with you on case number 04147597. As we haven’t heard back, we aren’t sure if the issue is resolved or some more information may be needed from you.

If you need more time, no worries. Once you respond, your case will update and allow a GoPro representative to finish up your case.

If we do not receive any response within the next five days, we will consider your case to be closed and the issue resolved.

BUT I NEVER GOT ANTYHING TO RESPOND TO ?! I don't even know what the case number is as I never got one told.

[I replied today (Nov 27) // immediate response: Case: 04147597 Already Closed] no more comment.

So really, I do understand that GoPro is under economic pressures, I do understand this is not a mission critical issue, but please don't  make fools out of your customers - if it's not a priority, well just say so. If it's never going to be fixed, well, be it. But stop wasteing my time trying to help improve YOUR product. 

Highlighted
Sightseer

After months of dealing with this to no avail I uninstalled the GoPro app and reinstalled and it seems to have fixed this issue!