Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

Re: Session 5 incorrect time on videos

Do you still think the even monitor this forums?!? This is a wasting time...

Nomad

Ha, well I had also filed a support request - but only got a generic answer back (reset / restore etc) - clearly no one bothered to understand the issue (or even had a look at it). So well, there not much left than hope...

Hiker

I don’t have much hope, if you look at their software updates page they only ever release software for the latest model. Once a new model is out, software support appears to cease Immediately for previous ones...

Tourist

@jefft For Photos, the GoPro Hero 6 (and earlier models) has no issue recording the Exif timestamp in a way that Photos for Mac and Photos for iPhone can understand. All of my photos come out with the correct time. However, it appears that for videos, the camera records the time in GMT and then records the time zone adjustment. Quik for iPhone and Mac can interpret it correctly, but Photos just sees the GMT timestamp and thinks that was the local time. So I took a video and photo in New York at noon, the photo shows up as noon but the video shows up as 7am. If I did the same in Hong Kong, the photo shows up as noon and the video shows up as 8pm that evening.
Tourist

@jefft Also I’ve noticed that none of the GPS metadata for videos is readable by Photos.app either. The gps metadata for photos comes out fine however. It’s simply a problem with how GoPro has recorded exif data, if it followed the standard in addition to the proprietary method it uses for Quik to add gauges and other cool overlays this wouldn’t be a problem.
Nomad

I'll try again with a proper support ticket. 

Nomad

45min on the chat - case is opened (once again). There doesnt seem to be an option on the website anymore to open a case directly.. they really making it hard..

Tourist

I don’t think that they even care. It is something that doesn’t bother them. Let’s try to keep up and fresh in the forum topics like this and let’s see if they may care!