Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: Session 5 incorrect time on videos

No fix yet.. As far as I can tell...
Highlighted
Tourist

I can confirm this problem has not been solved.  GroPro is terrible at fixing simple issues.

Highlighted
Tourist

Disappointing.. really annoying how users cannot sort imported videos correctly without this fixed

Highlighted
Tourist

I just bought a GoPro Hero 6 Black for a trip to Asia and I have the same issue whether importing wirelessly to my phone, using the Lightning-to-MicroUSB Quik card reader to my phone, or importing from the GoPro to my Mac using a USB to USB-C Cable (Can't try the SD card directly because I have an 11" MacBook Air). It's entirely frustrating, because I have to go back through Photos and change all my times on my videos, and when I'm changing time zones, I have to change the amount I adjust them by.
Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

@jacowan - If you sync your camera to your phone or to Quik for Desktop (if you've changed the time zone on your computer already) once you get to a new time zone, the camera should sync to the new timezone and record to new local time to videos you shoot from then on. The timestamp is applied as the content is recorded using the clock in the camera itself, so as long as that clock is correct to the local time, you should be getting accurate timestamps.

Jeff

Highlighted
Tourist

@jefft You don’t understand the real problem. There is ALWAYS a timestamp problem, anywhere on earth while importing files from our Gopro to our phones. We always have to manually correct the timestamp from GMT 0 to our timezone!
This is ridiculous!
Highlighted
Sightseer

I agree, it really is ridiculous.  I was hoping AT LEAST with the new model GoPros this year it would have been resolved, but the timestamp issue still lingers!  It actually makes me use my GoPro less frequently because I know that I have to go in and manually adjust all the times afterwards.  Such a simple, fundamental issue that GoPro is not willing or able to resolve.

Highlighted
Nomad

Thanks for making this a topic again - I also really don't understand the challenge of fixing this. apparently it has been an issue since at least H3 - I have raised this here before as well and I still do think it's an issue with EXIF info being written / interpreted in a funny way, but regardless what the issue is, they can make a bloody drone but can't fix a time stamp. It's bizarre. 

I have not been travelling for longer periods recently but it's annoying enoug just for the weekends - all videos are a day off to the rest of the material in the photo stream and it's driving me nuts. I can see how this would be a nightmare if you have a longer trip arcross different time zones. 

The iOS apps are pretty good - especially Quick, it's brilliant, but that I then have to manually order the clips depending whether they were shot on my GoPros or the other cameras is plain stupid.

Can someone at GoPro please sit down for 6h or so and finally fix this??