Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Session 5 incorrect time on videos

Hi Matt any updates?
Highlighted
Hiker

It certainly appears that GoPro are ignoring this issue, their silence speaks volumes.

Looking at their update page, it also appears that they swiftly abandon old models when a new one comes out, so the only people that *might* get a resolution are Hero and session 5 owners,  but again their silence speaks volumes.

Given the cost of these cameras their software support is what I would expect from a cut price Chinese manufacturer, I certainly will be recommending everyone I know look to other brands in the future.

Highlighted
Nomad

I am slightly disappointed here too - this should not be a highly challenging problem - but well, then I guess it's also not a real priority given all the other requied fixes across the board...

Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

It's a good practice to sync up your camera to Quik for Desktop periodically to make sure the date and time are updated on the camera's system.

Highlighted
Tourist

Jeff, appreciate the reply. However, this is not an issue about the date/time being set incorrectly (the iOS apps do sync the time, too), but simply the iOS app not reading the time or processing GMT offset correctly.
It's really disappointing this is still not fixed.
Highlighted
Nomad

my bet is still on a different use or coding in exif data between GoPro and iOS photos and a wrong interpretation of what ever GoPro is writing into it (or how iOS is interpreting it) - as as it also happens with non-GPS (Session) cameras.. 

Highlighted
Tourist

Me too I also have same issues. Videos are off for 3 hours. I had this problem with gopro 4 silver and I updated to hero 5. Same again.. This is frustrating for a serious company!!!!

Highlighted
Sightseer

Has the issue been resolved? I have had the same thing with my GoPro 3 and now with GoPro hero 5