Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

Re: Session 5 incorrect time on videos

Hey, I'm having the same issue with my GoPro Hero 6. What I have realised is that my camera is adding the GMT+5:30 twice. What I mean is, if it's 12am at GMT, then instead of adding 5:30 once it adds it twice, so instead getting the time as 5:30am, I get it as 11am. This is really annoying, I have to change time everytime I import.
Tourist

Get used to it. Gopro is not going to do anything. It does so from gopro 3’s launch day.

Sel it and get another one, if this bug is important for you. I did so!
Sightseer

I still have the same issue on my new GoPro Hero 7. I am currently in Indochine time (+07:00 GMT) and I need to manually fix time on my videos by subtracting 7 hours from every video. Photos are fine. I am using GoPro Android app to get the videos from my camera to my phone.

Highlighted
Tourist

Yep! They continue their legacy of the time bug also at the new generation!!!! Be sure THEY DONT CARE!!!
Thank god nowadays there are plenty of awesome choices from other manufacturers!
Sightseer

Same problem here,gopro hero 7 black + GoPro hero 4 black.  Spent hrs hrs on live chat with them re the 7 which they have agreed to replace but then I thought i’d Check the 4 and found the same issue so I wont be returning the camera at this stage, but please GoPro read this thread and fix this issue!!

Tourist

There is not even the slightest possibility to fix the issue. They know it for all these years and they have NOT DONE ANYTHING and they will not do anything in the future. Even the cheapest chinese camera works fine. 

Imagine being at the beach with your children. You take dosens of photos with your mobile out of the water and some photos and wideos with your GoPro... Then you move all files to your mobile and... TaDa!!! The videos are at another time in the evening of the day, scattering all your photo library!!!

Thanks Gopro but, no, thanks.

Tourist

Hi I have the same issue in NZ videos are created with wrong time by 13 hours which backs up what people are saying re the gmt time issue as we are 13 hours ahead of gmt,

Go pro claim not to know anything about this issue which I find appalling given how much information is on here !!!

i really appreaceate other people’s post as I thought I was going crazy.

GoPro 7 Black and IPhone X 

i have some tech reporter keen to publish my experience so I hope some publicity on this may get a result 

Sightseer

@emmanouilk81544I understand your frustration and it is hardly acceptable keeping users in the dark regarding such issue. But I still feel that the most productive path forward here is to post additional information that might be useful to GoPro to track this problem down and fix it.

@nicedusk77405that is good and helpful information. So the problem is across Android and iPhone. At first I thought maybe the problem is after transfering the file. But since it is the same with Android and iPhone devices, it seems that GoPro itself captures the timestamp wrong on videos.

I also a week ago updated my GoPro 7 Black firmware to the latest 1.6.0 version but the problem persists.