Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Session 5 incorrect time on videos

Honeslty it's quite pathetic of GoPro that this problem is still not fixed. Unbeilievable!

At first I thought it was just me, but obviously this issue exists for a lot of other users as well, please fix!

Marius: Camera reflects correct time. When SD card viewed on computer, all dates and time are correct too. THE ISSUE ARISES WHEN THE VIDEOS ARE BEING IMPORTED ONTO IPHONE VIA THE GORPO APP THE THE TIME IS COMPLETELY OFF.

Highlighted
Tourist

This isn’t correct either. If the on-off button is used to start/stop video recording, the GoPro can’t keep time correctly. However, if one doesn’t use on-off button to start/stop recording, battery life is unacceptably short. I take out SD card and save data to portable card reader hard drive. To sink video from two cameras mounted front/back of my bicycle, I use visual cues to cut and arrange clips.
Highlighted
Sightseer

Marius,

I know you guys must have some really smart techs at GoPro. The fact that no one there seems to understand the issue is crazy. You also have a lot of very intelligent users who are getting more and more frustrated with your product. As with most of them I am slowly using my GoPro less and less because syncing the files with other video files I'm shooting is a pain in the ass.

Eventually we will stop using the GoPro cameras and not buy new ones when they come out. Exactly why I haven't bought a new GoPro yet. I've been waiting to see if this gets resolved. 

Hell, let me give it a shot, so I can be frustrated with everyone else.

If you look at the time and date of the files before they are imported...while they are still in the camera...they are correct.

As soon as you cut them from the camera and paste them onto a Mac, PC or from what I'm seeing, an iPhone....the date is good, but the time is off by the GMT zone you are in. In my case, they are off by 7 hours because I am in the -7 GMT.

When I import videos from my Samsung S7, it doesn't happen, so obviously it's not a problem with my PC or my Samsung S7. But my GoPro Hero4 Session files change the time upon import.

This is a GoPro issue.

Awaiting a suggestion or two....

Paul

Highlighted
Tourist

Hero 6 Black has the same problem.  Time is correct on the camera (as you would expect it to be with GPS), but when I pull it into GoPro Quik, it is shifted 5 hours forwad on the instrament gages.

Time zone is set correctly (and automatically on my Mac, using the current OS, Quik, and Firmware.

Pretty **bleep** anoying

Highlighted
Sightseer

I finally figured out what the issue was at least with me.  It wasn't the GoPro, it was the Mac program, Photos.  The file information in the Finder window showed the right time but no matter what changes I tried the files would always come in at GMT and not my time zone.  When I opened the files in other programs (iMovie and Aperture) the file dates were fine.  

So I won't use Photos to pull in the files.  If you choose to do so then it's easy to edit the date/time under the 'Image' dropdown menu.

Highlighted
Tourist

This isn't my issue, the videos are pulled in using the GoPro Quik Software only, and show the wrong when it displays it's gages.

Highlighted
Sightseer

Mac or PC?  When you look in the Finder (Mac) or Explorer (PC) window does it show the incorrect time?  Did you pull it from a card reader or from the program itself?  When I read from the card in either my PC or MAC the Finder/Explorer information is correct.

In using the Quik software I couldn't find where the timestamp is listed, only the date.

Highlighted
Tourist

Looks like GoPro metadata for videos is not supported by Apple Photos app.