Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: Session 5 incorrect time on videos

More of a hack then a fix. It would be extremely annoying having to switch the time all the time. Especially if your taking videos with both the phone and GoPro. Thanks for the advice, it’s interesting that your other camera has the same issue. I’m starting to think it’s a larger issue then just gopros and iPhone. I see android has the same problem with the time.
Tourist

So I'm batting .100 now with importing videos shot on gopro and imported into iphone via gopro app.  I dont see how this is possible with maybe some very far fetched idea.  Daylight Saving Time.  Could that have fixed the bug with ios.  You all should try and see if you get crazy hour import misaligments still.  

Tourist

nevermind.  It's definetly tied to a time frame.  short 3 4 second videos import no prob.  4 minunte ones import 4 hours off. 

Tourist

I also have date stamp problem. It’s it not likely to be iMovie, unless GoPro has an incompatibilty problem with Apple software. I have two Session cameras and have tried reformatting SD in both, but both cameras give wrong time and date, and are hours and months apart from each other. GoPro needs to fix this glitch.
Tourist

They just IGNORE us. I have totaly stopped using my gopro5 and I really look forward to selling it. Since EVERY and EVERY time I record a video it is out of my GMT. And this really messes up my whole photo library. Gopro thanks. But no thanks.
Tourist

This is a frustrating issue because GoPro app isn’t really very good. Its too slow and battery hungry.
Hiker

Wow, can't believe this issue has been going on for YEARS and not resolved. I have a Hero 5 Black, Hero 5 Session and a Hero 6 Black. All 3 cameras have the import time problem. They're all 4 hours off. I've tried using quick to import and also just plugging the sd card into my pc and copying them over. All have the same 4 hour error. I am running a windows 10 PC. 

GoPro

Hello @tj311

Does your camera reflect the correct time information? Would you be able to tell if the created time information on the properties/details of the video file correspond to the time when the file/s were saved/imported to the computer? If you can also check, see how the time difference is when you use the GoPro app on a mobile device. Hope to hear back from you. 

Thanks, 
Marius