Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Nomad

Re: Session 5 incorrect time on videos

I'll try that the next time, thanks. I also got import errors with videos in the current GoPro iOS app version, which is bizarre, as it downloads all images - but says cannot import on the video files, and when i then manually click on the video files they are imported as usual on a second pass. annoying as hell (but off topic) - time stamp on videos still hasn't been fixed. 

Highlighted
Tourist

Adding myself to the thread since i'm having the same issue. the time stamp of all my videos are off set by the GMT difference. Didn't check the photos, but suspect they would be fine. 

Highlighted
Sightseer

I purchased a GoPro Hero 5 Black in Dec 2017... I am also annoyed by this problem of GoPro videos not having the correct time when they are transferred to my iPhone Wirelessly. My videos are all 5 hours behind and it messes up all the sort when mixed with GoPro photos, iOS photos and videos.

Would I recommend a GoPro to a friend? NO... this is a trivial problem that is not even being fixed. Why did I spend so much on a device that gets little to NO support.

GoPro, you need to get this FIXED once and for all.
Highlighted
Tourist

I dont understand this at all. Gopro 6 is out and this issue is still not fixed. 

its obviously a software issue and it wouldn't take long to fix it WHY IS THERE NO RESPONSE OR FIX STILL 

Highlighted
Tourist

They don’t reply because they want to tell us that this is not a gopro issue but an ios or windows or android issue. However, take the cheapest crappy camera from ebay. Yep. You can send to any platform a CORRECT video that’s on time and perfect.

I have made 4 people of my known persons NOT to buy GoPro because of tis issue.

My GoPro? Is somewhere hidden and rarey used because of tis issue. It is a burden after each recording to fix each one video.

Can it be fixed? Of course with a software update. FIX THE CAMERA YOU LOSE CUSTOMERS AND YOU WILL LOSE MORE EACH DAY.
Highlighted
Sightseer

Hi 

I am having similar issues but am 10 years out!!

The date modified for the video when imported is the correct date but the date created is showing incorrectly and this date then translates into the higher level folders.

Go Pro files time.PNG
Highlighted
Sightseer

I have the same problem. When I transfer my videos to my Pixel 2 phone using the GoPro app, the timestamps of the videos are 6 hours before the actual time the video was taken.
Highlighted
Tourist

I figured out how to get the correct time: https://youtu.be/bYiV6YeTT9o

How to Get Set the Correct Time on Your GoPro and other Cameras I record video on 3 different cameras and the time on all but my iPhone comes out incorrectly...