Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Session 5 Not Taking Photos or Connecting to App

[ New ]

I just purchased a Session 5 and have been having trouble setting it up.  Last night I had to manually update my firmware as my phone cannot not connect to the WiFi of the camera (bluetooth pairing does work).  I have an Iphone 6 with a current OS and have downloaded and reinstalled the app.

In addition to not being able to connect the camera to the app, it is not reliably taking video or photos (maybe 1 out of 50-100 times it may work).  I have a SanDisk Extreme Plus MicroSDXC US1 micro SD card.  When I go to start a video, the camera turns on, but just shows the icons at the top of the screen and the never starts a video (the same thing occurs when taking a photo).

Any help would be appreciated.  So far it has not been a great experience and it seems like the camera should be much easier to use.

Curtis

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Session 5 Not Taking Photos or Connecting to App

[ New ]

Hi @mcdonacw

Sorry for any troubles caused.

As this can be also be a freezing issue, please go over the steps on this article.

Troubleshooting steps for connection issues are listed here.

Let us know how it goes.
You may also reach out to our Support Team for assistance through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs           

Thanks!
Ej

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

Re: Session 5 Not Taking Photos or Connecting to App

[ New ]

Hi @mcdonacw

Sorry for any troubles caused.

As this can be also be a freezing issue, please go over the steps on this article.

Troubleshooting steps for connection issues are listed here.

Let us know how it goes.
You may also reach out to our Support Team for assistance through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs           

Thanks!
Ej