Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Session 4 will not power on after connecting to iPhone app

Had my session 4 for over a year and has worked perfectly.  Today I downloaded the GoPro iPhone app and connected to the camera from the phone and everything seemed to work fine.  I could see live view imeagery and access the camera settings.  After I disconnected from the app the camera started playing up and now it appears to be dead. I have tried holding both buttons for 10 seconds with and without SD card withg no response.  When i connect to an external power source I get the red light for 6 seconds and then it goes off and is unresponsive.  This could be because teh camnera is charged.  I have tried numerous cables and usb chargers with the same result.  Now no matter what I do I get no response from the camera.  Its extremely annoying because I'm convinced this is related to using the iPhone app and for the first time tuning on bluetooth / wifi.  PLEASE HELP.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Explorer

Re: Session 4 will not power on after connecting to iPhone app

I think the H4 Session only uses Wi-Fi, not Bluetooth and Wi-Fi like the Hero5/6 cameras. I could be wrong and it's kinda beside the point...

Format your SD card in your computer and try putting the Manual update on the card. Insert it into the camera. If it doesn't power up and start the update when you press the rear power/mode button, try plugging it into a wall charger. As soon as you see that light turn on, try powering on the camera. If that doesn't work, contact the GoPro Support Team during business hours and see if they can help you out https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Have your camera's serial number and a digital copy (or picture) of your receipt handy when you do.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Explorer

I think the H4 Session only uses Wi-Fi, not Bluetooth and Wi-Fi like the Hero5/6 cameras. I could be wrong and it's kinda beside the point...

Format your SD card in your computer and try putting the Manual update on the card. Insert it into the camera. If it doesn't power up and start the update when you press the rear power/mode button, try plugging it into a wall charger. As soon as you see that light turn on, try powering on the camera. If that doesn't work, contact the GoPro Support Team during business hours and see if they can help you out https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Have your camera's serial number and a digital copy (or picture) of your receipt handy when you do.
Highlighted
Tourist

Thanks for the suggestion.  The strangest thing happened.  After trying everything I gave up.  An hour or so later the camera turned itself on and started recoding by itself.  I let it go until the card was full / battery was flat.  After that I charged the camera and it works fine again.  No idea why but it seems fixed now.  i will make sure to not use the app again just in case.