Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Sesions5 water damage. End of Life?

After a take during my morning surf i spoted that the side, card flap was open. DAMM... Water defenetely got in. Not much but i noticed it too late.  

When i dried and plugged into the mains for 10m i noticed the camera got really hot, burning hot and the small LCD screen foged up.

No sign of starting either.

Is this the end of the camera?

Oh Dear...

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

Re: Sesions5 water damage. End of Life?

[ Edited ]

@anotherlocal - Water damage is not covered, but it's still a good idea to reach out to our team at https://gopro.com/help/PKBContactus so we can see if there are any other options we can help with.

Thanks,

Jeff

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Hiker

Best option I could think of is put the camera in a bag of white dry rice, and leave it for an extended time (sometimes a week, maybe more depending on the moisture) hopefully the rice will be able to absorb the moisture from the camera. You could also try contacting support but they do not cover water damage under warranty if its due to user error (ie. Forgetting to close the sd card door). Hopefully you can get the camera working again
Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

[ Edited ]

@anotherlocal - Water damage is not covered, but it's still a good idea to reach out to our team at https://gopro.com/help/PKBContactus so we can see if there are any other options we can help with.

Thanks,

Jeff

Highlighted
Tourist

Thank you Jeff and supporters.

Amaizingly the SD card and all content was OK so no water got there.  Yesterday the LDC display was 100% foggy, today 20%.

Still no sign of power going in, however its no longer burnig hot when left on the mains charger.

It hurts to think this is the end of my Hero Sessions5

Ouchhh!

Highlighted
Tourist

I had it over a large silicone gel pouch overnight. No sign of power going in but no longer burning hot.

cheers for all the sugesstions.

AnotherLocal

Highlighted
Tourist

How did you solve your issue, because I have the same problem and I am currently searching for solution ... I don`t want to throw away my camera (it is 6 months old) ...

Thanks for the info

Kind Regards

Highlighted
Tourist

Sadly no sloution.  Dead camera!!!

Flap opened as i pulled camera out of my wetsuit pocket... got cougt misteriously as ive been usin the seasons 5 for ages and never has this happeed before.  Then , Water got inside and coroded the SD card Slot and the electical conector dock, both under the flap.  When i tried to started up, once dry and hours after, camera got realy, realy hot and top Led disply got ver foggy.

Took it to repairs experts and nothing can be done...

End of a beautiful and expensive toy.  Have nove moved to cheap chinesse copy, a 10th of the price, 32 quid and the quality is as good as  gopro, ok a tad less but on 1080 settings you cant tell the difference.

Good luck with yours and keep us posted.

AnotherLocal

Highlighted
Adventurer

Should not have  turned on or plugged up, should have dried and wiped and riced , days later if then you  can try to  plug up and see.  Yeah water damage was never covered by gopro they may offer a dis-count up to 40% good luck