Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

Serial number

Trying to figure out how to see serial number for hero session. I had to have a replacement sent to me and can’t read the number on the camera. It was not sent in a real go pro box, so how can I figure it out?

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Serial number

Hi @goatpro06,

It should be on the door of the camera. If you take a picture of that serial number with your phone you may be able to zoom in and see the serial number better!

Best,

Ryan

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Hiker

You can also check your SD Card. Take the sd card out of the GoPro and use an sd card reader on a computer. Check the MISC file for a document called "version." In the text file it should say something like "camera serial number" : "c31413********" at the end.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @goatpro06,

It should be on the door of the camera. If you take a picture of that serial number with your phone you may be able to zoom in and see the serial number better!

Best,

Ryan

Highlighted
Hiker

You can also check your SD Card. Take the sd card out of the GoPro and use an sd card reader on a computer. Check the MISC file for a document called "version." In the text file it should say something like "camera serial number" : "c31413********" at the end.