Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

Serial number

[ New ]
Trying to figure out how to see serial number for hero session. I had to have a replacement sent to me and can’t read the number on the camera. It was not sent in a real go pro box, so how can I figure it out?

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Serial number

[ New ]

Hi @goatpro06,

It should be on the door of the camera. If you take a picture of that serial number with your phone you may be able to zoom in and see the serial number better!

Best,

Ryan

View solution in original post

Hiker

[ New ]

You can also check your SD Card. Take the sd card out of the GoPro and use an sd card reader on a computer. Check the MISC file for a document called "version." In the text file it should say something like "camera serial number" : "c31413********" at the end.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @goatpro06,

It should be on the door of the camera. If you take a picture of that serial number with your phone you may be able to zoom in and see the serial number better!

Best,

Ryan

Hiker

[ New ]

You can also check your SD Card. Take the sd card out of the GoPro and use an sd card reader on a computer. Check the MISC file for a document called "version." In the text file it should say something like "camera serial number" : "c31413********" at the end.