Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

Serial number sticker upside down

Instructions for the hero 5 black state that the serial number is located inside the battery compartment right below the SD card slot.
I see the sticker that the serial number is located on but whoever placed the sticker did so upside down so I cannot see the serial number even with a flashlight.
Is there another way for me to find my serial number?

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Adventurer

Re: Serial number sticker upside down

If the sticker was placed wrong, it happens. GoPro will not do a thing or have an answer, nor well we.  SO  the best advice for us to offer you is, It is only a sticker, the actual information is noted in the  about of Preference. if it was on thesticker and not in the camera and card, then it would become a concern and issue.

I  not worry, but if you are them call gopro they have a wonderful support team that can offer you options. maybesend over a new sticker to place correctly  right side up.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Adventurer

turn on camera  swipe down  in preference go to about

and low and behold   it is right side up

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @rockyridge05473,

You can get the serial number on preferences and go to about. 

You may also check MISC folder on your SD card, it's there. 

Thanks,

-Jay 

Highlighted
Sightseer

No, the sticker that the number is on was placed in the battery compartment upside down so you can’t see the serial number because at the very bottom of that well.
Highlighted
Adventurer

If the sticker was placed wrong, it happens. GoPro will not do a thing or have an answer, nor well we.  SO  the best advice for us to offer you is, It is only a sticker, the actual information is noted in the  about of Preference. if it was on thesticker and not in the camera and card, then it would become a concern and issue.

I  not worry, but if you are them call gopro they have a wonderful support team that can offer you options. maybesend over a new sticker to place correctly  right side up.