Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

Sd card full

[ New ]
Even if i format my card it still mark sd card full why? How i fix it

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Sd card full

[ New ]

Hello @flantin. which SD card are you using? Is it among the recommended cards on this list? If it is, make sure that you do a FULL format of the card instead of a quick format. 

If you haven't yet, go through the troubleshooting steps here . You might also want to consider testing a different SD card, if available. 

Let us know how it goes. Thanks!

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @flantin. which SD card are you using? Is it among the recommended cards on this list? If it is, make sure that you do a FULL format of the card instead of a quick format. 

If you haven't yet, go through the troubleshooting steps here . You might also want to consider testing a different SD card, if available. 

Let us know how it goes. Thanks!

Nomad

[ New ]

Three possible reasons:

A:  Corrupt SD card, you should do a full format of your card in the PC (after backing up your files of course).  You must then put the card into your camera and perform a format using the camera.  This will ensure that your card is using the correct format and bloc size for recording.

B:  Make sure there isn't a write protect feature enabled on your card that prevents recording.  Sometimes this can be a simple physical switch on the side of the card, however on some cards, there's a very small partition which can become corrupt and make your card read only.  You'll need to get more details from yours cards manufacturer to determine how to fix this.

C:  If you're placing the card in your camera and you're getting a constant "SD CARD FULL" or "SD CARD ERROR" it could be your camera.  You should try another card in your camera to see if the same thing happens.

Sightseer

[ New ]

Your SD card might be corrupted , you should do a full format of your SD card make sure of backingup your files and for more help www.ttricks.com may help you alot