Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Anonymous

Sd Card Error

I purchased my first GoPro Hero 5 Black on Black Friday. My experience with my first GoPro has been frustrating.

I purchased my GoPro at BestBuy to get the bundle of a free San Disk Extreme Plus 64 Gb card and a $35 gift card . However, after many attempts to format my sd card through the gopro and then through an actual computer, my results have been limited. It seems like my gopro will read the card when it chooses to/ will read it and then say there was an sd error card later on/ or simply would say sd card error.

I have a trip coming up on the 16th and I need a quick solution. I haven't even been able to play and get used to the camera so I can figure out how to get the best shots in Panama. Suggestions please.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: Sd Card Error

Hello,

My first GoPro was the 5 Black as well. With the same problem unfortunately. I sent my GoPro back and get an working camera back.

What also helps is, buying another brand memory card. The Sandisk got a lot of problems. See the topic "Hero 5 Black sd error".

The lexar 1000x or 633x seems an good alternative. it is an shame that GoPro sells the Sandisk in an bundle!

Explorer

@Anonymous

@Anonymous is correct in suggesting you try a different SD card.  Lexar 633x and 1000x are reliable and relatively inexpensive.  I personally recommend Samsung Pro and Pro+ cards.  Samsung Pro cards are very fast read/write and are waterproof, x-ray proof, and can handle extreme heat and cold.  I only use these cards and they have proven to be very reliable for me.  I do not recommend SanDisk as they do seem to be more prone to causing issues with GoPro cameras.

Anonymous

@danielr15 wrote:

@Anonymous

@Anonymous is correct in suggesting you try a different SD card.  Lexar 633x and 1000x are reliable and relatively inexpensive.  I personally recommend Samsung Pro and Pro+ cards.  Samsung Pro cards are very fast read/write and are waterproof, x-ray proof, and can handle extreme heat and cold.  I only use these cards and they have proven to be very reliable for me.  I do not recommend SanDisk as they do seem to be more prone to causing issues with GoPro cameras.

Yeah Danielr15, i used 2 different SD cards. Used the Sandisk Extreme and the Lexar 1000x. So for me it was clear that is was an GoPro problem. I heard from the Sandisk issues and instandly returned mine.