Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

Screen keeps turning off gopro 6

Hi guys,

I have a gopro hero 6 black. I usually use if for holidays only, and haven't used it since july last year. For some reason, I can't get the screen to display as it keeps turning off. I can boot the camera and it loads, and starts recording when I press the power button, but as soon as I stop, the screen turns off almost instantly. I can't get into any settings or anything, and it's not connecting to my mac. 

I'm using a 32 gb San disk extreme which I've formatted so I don\'t thnk it's the issue as I used the same memory card fine when I was on holiday last July. 

It's also not connecting to my mac, but a card reader recognises the card so it's something I think is going wrong with the camera itself. 

It's at 28% battery charge. could it be I need to let it charge a full 24 hours or something as I haven't used it in so long? I still would've thought the screen wouldn't turn off at 28%... 

Any ideas? 

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Screen keeps turning off gopro 6

Hi @samy853,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Reinstalling the firmware update of the camera can help correct any errors with the current software installation. Follow the manual update instructions specified on this article: https://gopro.com/help/articles/block/How-to-Update-GoPro-Cameras 

It is important to make sure that the camera is updated to the latest firmware and that a recommended SD card is used. There is a list of recommended cards here for your reference. If you are already using one, has updated the camera already, and is still experiencing the same issue, our Support team will be able to assist you further. You may reach them by phone or chat.

Kind Regards,

Ann

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Screen keeps turning off gopro 6

Hi @samy853,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Reinstalling the firmware update of the camera can help correct any errors with the current software installation. Follow the manual update instructions specified on this article: https://gopro.com/help/articles/block/How-to-Update-GoPro-Cameras 

It is important to make sure that the camera is updated to the latest firmware and that a recommended SD card is used. There is a list of recommended cards here for your reference. If you are already using one, has updated the camera already, and is still experiencing the same issue, our Support team will be able to assist you further. You may reach them by phone or chat.

Kind Regards,

Ann