Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

Screen goes black during recording. Any way to change this?

I have a GoPro 7Black. The screen goes black after 60 seconds during underwater recording. Is there a way to make it NOT go black...to just stay on during all the recording?

Many thanks for your help!

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Adventurer

Re: Screen goes black during recording. Any way to change this?

set the touch-display to  Never. the screen will not turn off byt will dim after the timing out.  Would you rather have longer battery life or  a brighter screen that is one good reason why the screen goes  off to conserve power.  If you want the screen to  stay the same exact brightness , the go to gopro.com/feedback  and offer your suggestion there they'll note it down and one  day  correct it for all.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Adventurer

set the touch-display to  Never. the screen will not turn off byt will dim after the timing out.  Would you rather have longer battery life or  a brighter screen that is one good reason why the screen goes  off to conserve power.  If you want the screen to  stay the same exact brightness , the go to gopro.com/feedback  and offer your suggestion there they'll note it down and one  day  correct it for all.

Highlighted
Sightseer

Thank you, I will give it a try. I set the screen brightness down a bit so it won't eat the battery so much, but if it goes to dim after 60 seconds, I can work with that.

Lin

Highlighted
GoPro

@lint38641, agreeing with @fishycomics about the touch screen turning black when use. This is normal for the camera. It is a way to conserve the camera's battery. You can eventually set the screen saver to "never," however, the screen will dim after it timed out. You can touch the screen to bring back the display.

Highlighted
Sightseer

Thank you...it worked great! I always carry plenty of batteries, so using up a battery during a dive is not a problem. Thanks for the advice!

~Lin

Highlighted
Adventurer

Remember the mode on wakes it up so touching in water is not going to work perfect, also  mode and shutter together will get to the  settings in the Mode.