Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Screen and accelerometer problems under and after water

At swimming time under water or above Hero 8 touch screen working like somehow try to tap it. Problem happening with accelerometer, screen orientation changing chaotically. 

Sometime can't power off or power on device (charging led is red at this time) till remove battery.

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Screen and accelerometer problems under and after water

Hello @protivizion. The touch LCD display is touch-sensitive underwater. We recommend enabling the Screen Lock when using the camera underwater.  

However, you can still use the display screen as a preview to the live view. You just won't be able to interact with the display screen using the touch functionality to change settings. For that, you'll need to use the buttons to change mode and menu. 

Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Screen and accelerometer problems under and after water

Thank's for an answer. I did it, but other problems still are.

At swimming orientation is changing chaotically or lagging. I think it because screen try to work with unlock procedure and do not changing to landscape from portrate so long till screen is wet same with starting of recording. When I have problem with orientation/screen lagging i try to turn off camera with long press of power button. Often it happens only after a long delay. Next is no problem to press record without power on and camera recording correctly without orientation problems.

I think wet screen may lag program of camera and other functions like recording/accelerometer may work with delays.