Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker
Accepted Solution

Sandisk Ultra 128GB on HERO 6?

[ Edited ]

Hey, has anyone tried the Sandisk Ultra or Samsung Evo Plus 128GB on the HERO6 at 4K 60fps protune?

I know they are below spec... but I am currently using a 32GB Samsung Evo no plus... and I am not seing ANY issues with recording high fps and bitrate... also tested a 4 year old Ultra 64GB, again no issues...

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Sandisk Ultra 128GB on HERO 6?

Hi @antwandesign

That is not a recommend SD Card for the HERO6. Check out the list of recommend SD Cards here: https://gopro.com/help/articles/Block/microSD-Card-Considerations 

Regards,

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Backpacker

i've had nothing but problems with Ultra SD cards, even my Hero 4 Black didn't like them so really can't see them working in a 6

Highlighted
Tourist

I'm actually running 128 gb ones in my Hero 5 and Hero 6.  But I'm not using the Sandisk ones, I use Samsung 128 gb EVO and the Samsung 128 gb PRO + ones, and haven't ran into any problems with them, except the now and then file is corrupt, which I gotten on all different types of cards.   

Highlighted
Anonymous

This is a list of their recommended sd cards in case your interested, but I do know the Samsung ones work, both the evo and pro versions.

https://gopro.com/help/articles/Block/microSD-Card-Considerations

Highlighted
Tourist

Hi @antwandesign

That is not a recommend SD Card for the HERO6. Check out the list of recommend SD Cards here: https://gopro.com/help/articles/Block/microSD-Card-Considerations 

Regards,

Highlighted
Hiker

I've seen the list... the list is BS... As I said, Im currently using a 32GB EVO, not issues. I was asking about 2 cards in particular if anyone has tried them out... The 64GB Sandisk Ultra was not reccomended for the GoPro HERO3, but it served me well for the 2 years that I had it.

128GB Evo Plus and 128GB Sandisk Ultra... 

Highlighted
Tourist

The list is BS, I agree.  I'm a complete newb to GoPro as the Hero6 is my first POV camera.  I've been playing just a little bit with the 64GB EVO SELECT card and seems to work just fine, so I purchased the 128GB EVO SELECT to see if it will work.  It looks like I will receive the card tomorrow and I think I'm going to try and do a Night Lapse.  I'll let you know how it goes. 

Let me know if there's a specific setting that might cause corrupt files or something you want me to try out to really test the card.  You'll have to be specific with settings since I'm a complete newb to all of this.

Highlighted
Tourist

I have not had any problems using Samsung Evo Plus U3 128GB and 64GB cards, 4K 60FPS no issues, I also have Sandisk Extreme Pro 64GB V30 cards and the Samsung Evo Plus U3 cards work just as good, no heat or saving problems. I haven't tried the Sandisk Ultra because the Evo Plus U3 cards are only slightly more expensive and the Sandisk Ultra is only a U1 card.