Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Samsung 9+ to a Hero 6 Black

How do you connect a Samsung 9+ to a a Hero 6 Black ?

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Samsung 9+ to a Hero 6 Black

Hi @fastdusk35832

Thank you for trying the suggested steps. Please try to uninstall and reinstall the app. Once done, proceed with the pairing process again. Please note that you may need to forget the Bluetooth ID and Wi-Fi name on your phone's settings.

If this wont sort out the issue, please let our Support Team know and further isolate where the trouble is. You may reach out to them via phone or chat. https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks!

Ej

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

Good question, @fastdusk35832 ! Check out the steps below  for pairing the camera and your phone. First, you need to download the GoPro App from Google Play, and install it to your phone. Then, 

1. Open the GoPro App:
    • From the home page, tap the icon in the top left corner.
    • Tap on "Add A Camera" (iOS), "Camera" (Android).
    • Tap on "HERO6 Black."  
  2. Pick up your camera: 
    • Power on your camera.
    • Open the utility drawer by swiping from the top to the bottom of the touch display, then select "Connections."
    • Under Connections, tap on "Connect New Device."
    • Tap on "GoPro App". You will see the name​ and password for your camera.
  3. Go back to the GoPro App: 
    • Tap "Pair" to connect via Bluetooth. This will extend your GoPro’s battery life. 
    • Then tap "Join" to connect to the Wi-Fi on your camera. 
    • With iOS11, you no longer have to enter your camera's password. Join the Wi-Fi network when asked and you're all set!

If your mobile device doesn’t support the 5GHz Wi-Fi setting on your HERO6 Black, you may have trouble connecting your camera to the GoPro app. Try setting the Wi-Fi band on your camera to 2.4 GHz instead. 

• On your GoPro, tap CONNECTIONS > Wi-Fi Band
  • Select 2.4 GHz. 
  • Try connecting to your camera again.

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes. 

Thanks, 
Marius

Tourist

When I follow the steps, the camera tells me its connected, then the phone tells me its connected.  But, when you try to do anything else, the phone gives me the message that it cannot connect to my GoPro.  I have changed the frequency to 2.4 MHz and have turned the "Switch to mobile data" switch off but nothing is working.

GoPro

Thank you for your reply, @fastdusk35832 . What operating system version do you have on your Samsung device? Here are other steps that we can try:

• Manually update camera (even if it may already have the latest firmware version). You can follow this link. See instructions under "Manual Update."
  • Delete the Bluetooth ID from your device settings
  • Remove the camera from the menu in the GoPro App 
  • Forget the Wi-Fi on your mobile device 
  • Reset the Wi-Fi on our camera 

You can check out details here: Solving GoPro App Connection Issues. Will wait for an update from you. 

Best regards, 
Marius

Tourist

I updated the software on my Hero6.  I followed the other steps you instructed.  My phone and GoPro connect just as they did before, but once I get to the screen that shows my camera name and the options below it gives me the message that it cannot connect to device.  My phone is showing that it is paired but will not do anything else.  I attached a screenshot below.

Screenshot_20180612-144002_GoPro.jpg
GoPro

Hi @fastdusk35832

Thank you for trying the suggested steps. Please try to uninstall and reinstall the app. Once done, proceed with the pairing process again. Please note that you may need to forget the Bluetooth ID and Wi-Fi name on your phone's settings.

If this wont sort out the issue, please let our Support Team know and further isolate where the trouble is. You may reach out to them via phone or chat. https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks!

Ej