Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

Re: Salt water went inside my Hero 5

Hi guys! Just got back from chatting with a live agent from gopro. It took a while before I got through but I did. It really helps to be patient with their chat support. 

Anyways, after I get to process the RMA, they agreed to have my camera shipped to their warehouse. Yey! That's a win! Does any one know if it's for sure that you will get a replacement after that? 

Adventurer

[ Edited ]

Sounded like you forgot to ask them that question.

you got an RMA, you ship  they will ship out  if in stock will take from start to finish about a few weeks. holidays   and postal serives can delay things if closed etc....  good luck  remember to  only ship your cam  nothing else take your sd card bat everything out

Hiker

LOL. Yeah I did! But at least I got the RMA so I think this is for sure. 

Adventurer

All you now, follow those instructions, getto the mail carrier and protect your investment good  for you

Tourist

Mine have been replaced 3x already. This will be the 4th one. 😭 I think theyre replacing it with a refurbished one.

@hanprio just follow the instructions then you need to pay 185 pesos. ☺️
Hiker

[ Edited ]

@sampadillaaa Oh no that's sad. But that's good news that they do replace it. I've seen here that HERO5 has many issues.

Tourist

Yes. 😢 Waited and was so excited for this camera to come out. Super hassle. Now i need to buy a new battery. Because they wont be replacing it. 😭😭😭
Adventurer

better to buy a new battery the na new camera right?>