Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

Re: SD error after 28 pictures of photo & video time lapse

I received Hero 5 Black, it works fine.

They did not had another Hero 4 Silver in stock.

Tourist

I having same problem with hero 4 silver, with sandisk ultra 32GB and 16gb, i want to try downgrade my hero 4 silver because It useless if can't make time lapse
Explorer

Don't use SanDisk Ultra. Perhaps worst possible card for GoPro cameras. If you can, try the camera with a different card. Preferably a recommended card.
Tourist

But before i update to 5.0 everything Just fine, the time lapse not working after i update the firmware, i try to reinstal manually for couple time but didn't work, i already find firmware 4.0 and want to reinstal with it, hope everything is fine...
Tourist

I already finished downgrade my hero 4 silver with firmware 03.01.36 and i can make time lapse photo again with my sandisk, so far nothing worse happen, i can pair with my removu and my go pro capture on my cell phone, i still running more test to know how It work, if something wrong again i try to upgrade to 4.0FW
Sightseer

I'm having the same issue for my time-lapse photo setting - in the mid-20s - I get SD ERR.  I will add that if I power the camera down and restart the time lapse - the camera will begin taking time lapse photos again - but then eventurally fail again in the mid-20s.  I believe there is an issue with the OS in v5.0.  None of the other features seem to be affected as previously posted.  Video.  Camera. Playback. Wi-fi. - all fine.  I will also mention that if you use a superfast timelapse setting - like 0.5 seconds - you can take hundreds of pictures - but it eventually errors out, too - leading me to think it's a 'time' thing rather than a 'picture count' thing.  I'm using the same model SanDisk cards - 16GB and 64GB - it happens to me regardless of the card or how I format it (either onboard the camera or manually).  I called and spent an hour and half with the GoPro service person yesterday and she sent me something she found on YouTube to downgrade to a prior version (v1.0) - despite the messages you hear while on hold about 'most issues being resolved with the latest' firmware.  This didn't resolve my issue (thus why I'm making this post), either.  I found another site that would allow you dowloand v4.0 and I tried that - same issue.  I've tried this now on 4 different cards now, including a brand new card and now I'm in a big circle of what to try next.  Would be grateful if there is a solution that is something other than 'buy a new camera' as that seems to be the message I'm getting.

Tourist

I already fix my hero 4 silver problem, and now i can make time lapse photo with my sandisk ultra 16GB, i try to downgrade to 1.02.00 FW, after instaled i run time lapse photo until 30 frame, and i upgrade to 2.00.00 FW and do the same thing for another FW, after i finish instaled 05.00 FW, now my hero 4 silver working fine with any sd card compatible