Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

SD card error

Hi, every time I try to record a video my GOPRO HERO6 show SD card error. While it work fine with the still images, time lapse, looping modes and whenever I reboot it. Please help me out with this issue.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: SD card error

Hello @rockybluff66620

Sorry to hear about the error that is preventing you from being able to fully use your GoPro. Getting an SD Error on your camera tells us that your camera cannot properly communicate with your SD card. Which one are you using? We have a list of recommended SD cards that have been tested to work compatibly with the HERO6 Black camera. You can find it here

Furthermore, see if the steps to fix discussed in this article for SD Card Error will help clear the issue. Let us know how it goes. 

Thanks, 
Marius

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: SD card error

Hello @rockybluff66620

Sorry to hear about the error that is preventing you from being able to fully use your GoPro. Getting an SD Error on your camera tells us that your camera cannot properly communicate with your SD card. Which one are you using? We have a list of recommended SD cards that have been tested to work compatibly with the HERO6 Black camera. You can find it here

Furthermore, see if the steps to fix discussed in this article for SD Card Error will help clear the issue. Let us know how it goes. 

Thanks, 
Marius