Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

SD card error - hero 5 session

Hi all,

I would ask for your help. We just bought new camera hero 5 session. Also bought new SD card - there was no choice to buy another one in that store, so we decided for Kingston microSDHC/SDXC UHS-I U3 90R/80W 32GB as the best choice.

From the beginning we have a problem with error message: SD card error.

https://www.kingston.com/us/flash/microsd_cards/sdca3

Could you please advice us what we can do now? I tried to format it already in PC, but didnt help.

Do you think the only solution will be to buy new SD card? There is no another help - please advise us if you know...

Thank you

Vladimira.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Adventurer

Re: SD card error - hero 5 session

Yes another topic yesterday was asked as well , return the kingston, A data etc get the major cards please Sandisk or lexar  90mb read (unimportant90mb write (important) they must be a 4k UH-1 U3  card.    as you found out  troubles are happening.....

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Backpacker

can't say I've ever heard of anyone using Kingston cards before, so can't say if they have problems with them. It does seem to be within spec, but would try another card if possible

Highlighted
Adventurer

Yes another topic yesterday was asked as well , return the kingston, A data etc get the major cards please Sandisk or lexar  90mb read (unimportant90mb write (important) they must be a 4k UH-1 U3  card.    as you found out  troubles are happening.....