Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

SD card error go pro hero 5

I have SD card error on my gopro hero 5.  I have searched on the internet some ways to solve this error.  I follow the constructed steps by steps but the error does not work well.  The picture shows my SD card. I used the card few months ago and the card worked very well. I stopped using some months later and now I use it again.  But the same card does not work well. 

IMG_0557.jpg

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: SD card error go pro hero 5

Hello @bobbym68,

Thank you for going through the suggested troubleshooting steps. Ultra cards have been found to work initially but resulted to issues eventually when used with GoPro cameras. Using one of the recommended SD cards on this list should help clear the issue. 

Best regards, 

Marius

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

Hello @bobbym68,

Thank you for going through the suggested troubleshooting steps. Ultra cards have been found to work initially but resulted to issues eventually when used with GoPro cameras. Using one of the recommended SD cards on this list should help clear the issue. 

Best regards, 

Marius

Adventurer

[ Edited ]

oKay I  know I posted here and said let gopro tell you about Ultra cards so my post must been deleted.

Ultra's are not a card we use use   there are reasons they do not work and gopro should tell us why again....

Tourist

GoPro should tell us why. This is weird. The card has been worked with my Gopro for a long time. I need an explanation
Adventurer

Ultra cards are not the best, or the fastest   buffering  card strugles to keep  up with  the camera. what I get out of it.  It may have worked quite well before but things do catch up and happem

Tourist

Thank you for your answer. It looks like I have to buy a new kind of SD card for my gopro.
I have a good new, I do not know how to say about that. It is a magic. The SD card which does not work with my gopro in the last few weeks, now works with it very well. The SD card is not in any kind of SD cards listed on this link. It would be nice if I know why this problem happens to me.