Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

SD card capacity error

My brand new Session 4 seems to be misreading my 64GB SanDisk. After erasing everything on the card and formatting it on my laptop, I insterted in my GoPro, only to be asked to be formatted by the camera. After the GoPro succesfully formats it, I'm left with 17 seconds of space. I have no clue what to do. Thanks. 

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: SD card capacity error

Hello @sweetdusk33602

When your camera showed you that you have 17 seconds left, were you able to see if the SD card contained any media or file at all? Also, which SD card are you using? Is it among the recommended ones on this list? To isolate the source of trouble, try manually updating your camera's firmware through instructions below: 

1. Go to the Update page: HERO Session
  2. Under "Other ways to update" click "Update your camera manually."
  3. Enter your serial number and other requested information, click Next Step.
  4. Click "Download Update."
  5. Click "Click here to download firmware."
  6. Follow the steps on the screen for detailed instructions for your operating system.

Make sure that you are using a recommended SD card and that the camera is charged to at least 50% prior to the update process. Let us know how it goes. 

Thanks, 
Marius

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: SD card capacity error

Hello @sweetdusk33602

When your camera showed you that you have 17 seconds left, were you able to see if the SD card contained any media or file at all? Also, which SD card are you using? Is it among the recommended ones on this list? To isolate the source of trouble, try manually updating your camera's firmware through instructions below: 

1. Go to the Update page: HERO Session
  2. Under "Other ways to update" click "Update your camera manually."
  3. Enter your serial number and other requested information, click Next Step.
  4. Click "Download Update."
  5. Click "Click here to download firmware."
  6. Follow the steps on the screen for detailed instructions for your operating system.

Make sure that you are using a recommended SD card and that the camera is charged to at least 50% prior to the update process. Let us know how it goes. 

Thanks, 
Marius