Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

SD Card not recognized

[ New ]

I recently bought a GoPro 7 Silver.  I immeidiately took it out of its case, charged the battery, and inserted an SD card.  The camera continues to say no SD card/Insert SD Card.  The card is inserted.  I ensured that I have the recommended GoPro SD card (SanDisk Extreme, 32GB, V30 U3, A1).  Still no luck.  I formatted the SD card per instruction to see if that corrected the problem, it did not.  I followed the manual formatting as recommended on the GoPro website, no luck.  I have tried rebooting the camera no luck.  It seems no matter what I do I am unable to get the GoPro to recognize the SD card.  Can you please assist?

GoPro

Re: SD Card not recognized

[ New ]

Hello, @snowystar58821. If available, see if a different SD card will work. If not, our Support team will be able to help with troubleshooting the issue further. 

To connect with them, visit https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs . Once there, select "Contact Us" and proceed with either chat or a callback request. 

Should you encounter any issue scheduling a callback or a live chat, please ensure that you are not blocking cookies and have your pop-up blocker disabled. 

Tourist

[ New ]

Unfortunately I also tried that already too. No luck.  Still gets the same error no SD Card recognized.

GoPro

[ New ]

@snowystar58821, there are some additional troubleshooting steps here: NO SD or SD ERR on Camera's LCD

If the issue persists after going through the suggested troubleshooting steps, our Support team will be able to assist you with the next steps. You may reach out to them through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs to initiate a callback request or chat with one of the representatives.

Hiker

[ New ]
Tourist

[ New ]

I have already tried all of these and they have not worked.  I believe it is something with the GoPro as I tried all those steps prior to posting here.  Several times actually. I have also tried a different SD card and we tried all of these steps and it still did not recognize the SD card.

Tourist

[ New ]

Yes, I made sure when i purchased the SD card that it is on the approved list.

GoPro

[ New ]

Thank you for the details that you provided, @snowystar58821. We appreciate you going through the recommended checks and troubleshooting steps. Since the issue persists, it would be best to get in touch with our Support team for further assistance. 

To connect with them, visit https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs . Once there, select "Contact Us" and proceed with either chat or a callback request. 

Should you encounter any issue scheduling a callback or a live chat, please ensure that you are not blocking cookies and have your pop-up blocker disabled.