Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

SD Card Scandisk extreme 128gb V30

I got my daughter the Hero 7 Silver for Chrismas. I have set it up using the app with the sd card in however it just kept updating and rebooting continuously. I removed the sd card and the update/reboot sequence stops but of course display shows no as card. Any reason why I can’t get this to work?

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: SD Card Scandisk extreme 128gb V30

@rapidjump65346. You might not be on the correct product page. Please try the steps below:

1. Visit https://gopro.com/update
  2. Select the correct camera model. 
  3. Under "Other Ways to Update," select "Update your camera manually."
  4. Type in your camera serial number, and the email address associated with your GoPro account. 

Let us know how it works out. Thanks!

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

@rapidjump65346 - It sounds like the update may not have gone through completely. The best option to try is going to be to do a manual update on the camera's firmware. Instructions on how to do that for the HERO7 Silver are at https://gopro.com/update/hero7-silver.

Jeff

Highlighted
Sightseer

I am running version 02.00.00, is that the update? I followed your link and it simply tells me to use the app. Upon running the app there are no updates, I assume they are automatic as there is no place to search for updates within the app. Should I be hooking it up to quik on my pc?
Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

It’s possible that the firmware installed, but did not install completely. In that case, the site may think your camera is updated when there is actually an error with the firmware. Doing a manual update will assure that the firmware fully installs.
Highlighted
Sightseer

I have a GoPro Hero 7 Silver and am experiencing the same issue.  I've manually downloaded the update zip file, unpacked it on my MacBook and then transferred it to my MicroSD Card.   I then put the card into my camera and it appears to be in update mode, having a Red arrow pointing down to camera icon flashing and persistently rebooting.  it has been doing this now for 10 mins - any idea how long the manual firmware update takes?  I'm nervous that I am stuck in the same reboot trap that was mentioned above...?

Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

The update can take a few minutes - maybe 5-10 tops.  It will turn on and off a few times during this process. If it doesn't complete, our team at https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs can help do additional troubleshooting.

Highlighted
Sightseer

I tried to the manual update however the system does not recognize my serial number to move on to the next step. I have tried the other method downloading quik but when I connect the GoPro via USB it does not charge or show up. Not sure where I go from here,
Disappointing.
Highlighted
Sightseer

Hey Jefft - The manual firmware worked.  but I had to eject the SD card and turn off my camera to get it out of update cycle.  Once I deleted the update folder off the SD card (on my macbook) and reinsert the card and turn the camera on everything is working perfectly.  I checked the version and I'm on 2.0 so I think I'm all set.  Thanks for your help