Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

Re: SD Card (Samsung Evo Plus 256GB) Media Can not be seen

[ New ]
Okay I figured out that the card is a fake card and is slower than it should have been. This could explain why long videos are not saved correctly
Hiker

[ New ]
I figured out that the card is a fake and therefore of course doesn't have the correct write and read speed
GoPro

[ New ]

Thank you for the update, @annabellb81368. How was the card verified to be fake? Are you now able to record long videos and play them back using your camera? 

Hiker

[ New ]
It turned out that the Samsung SD card was a fake one and therefore the speed of writing and reading stuff was way much too slow
Hiker

[ New ]

Sorry @mariustanya ,I totally forgot to answer to your question.

I figured out that the card only had 2-5MB/s of writing speed and the side of the card was black instead of white and on the back of th card was written "AOBY1708TCN" and "Made in Taiwan" as described in a post (https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/SSD-Monitore-IT/microSD-Karte-EVO-Original-oder-Fake/td-p/395817).

With a card of better write and read speed the save and watching of (long) videos is no problem

GoPro

[ New ]

Awesome! I appreciate the input, @annabellb81368. Thank you for your reply. Great to know that the camera is working smoothly now. Enjoy!