Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

SD Card Recognized by Camera but not by any other device

HARDWARE

Camera: Hero Black 5

Firmware: 2.00

SD Card: Lexar 633x 32GB

ISSUE

SD Card recognized and used by camera but not by anything else.

DESCRIPTION

I've recorded time lapse photos, videos, and pictures on my brand new Hero Black 5. But I cannot transfer the files off the camera onto anywhere else.

I have tried:

* Connecting the camera via USB C to 2 Windows computers

* Connecting the SD card via a USB card reader to 2 Windows computers and a MAC

Any suggestions? I fear that the SD card is the issue but why would the camera be able to successfully read and use it? I also don't want to lose these files.

Alternatively, any way to back the photos up via WiFi?

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: SD Card Recognized by Camera but not by any other device

Hi @rafaeln58

Most issues on the camera are usually resolved by a manual software update. As part of this process, it is suggested to format the card. Make sure to create a back up if there are files you wish to keep.

Regarding the pairing process, please go over the troubleshooting steps listed here. Forgetting the WiFi name and the Bluetooth ID normally resolves the pairing issue.

If all else fails, please reach out to our Support Team for further assistance. https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks!

EJ

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @rafaeln58

Thank you for providing a detailed description of the issue. What error message are you getting on the computer?

Here are other ways to import the files to your computer:

Use Quik for desktop
Use an SD Adapter
Automatic with Auto Play Options
Manually with File Explorer 

For specific instructions you may refer to this link.

Alternatively, you may transfer the files via the GoPro App. Download the app on your smart phone then proceed with the pairing process. Once paired, you may access the files and download it on your phone.

Once your able to copy the files using one of the methods mentioned, I recommend formatting the SD card.

I hope this helps. Let me know how it goes.

Thanks!

EJ

Highlighted
Tourist

Hello EJ,

Thanks for the response.

I should add that another thing I tried was to install Quik onto one of the windows PCs and it did not recognize the plugged in camera either.

When powered on and plugged, the camera itself will say "USB Connected". However, none of the other devices will recognize that anything is plugged into the USB port. Ive made sure that the USB ports themselves are not broken by plugging in another camera to these ports (Sony RX100) and I was able to successfully transfer files through the ports.

I will try the GoPro app as that is one direction I have not tried yet. Thanks, I will update this thread once I complete testing.

Highlighted
Tourist

Hello @aragon1006,

In summary, I attempted to use the app and was unsuccessful.

After installing the app, the GoPro's name displayed on the app: GP54552111. My phone successfully connected to the GoPro's WiFi (showing Connected, No Internet) and my Bluetooth was also on. On the GoPro screen, it displayed the camera name and the password. I did not need to input this password anywhere.

After the GoPro's name displayed on the app, pressing either the camera icon in the middle of the three button below or the actual picture of the GoPro in the middle of the screen throws the below error:

"We Can't Connect to Your GoPro

Something went wrong - five it another shot

Get Support / Try Again"

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @rafaeln58

Most issues on the camera are usually resolved by a manual software update. As part of this process, it is suggested to format the card. Make sure to create a back up if there are files you wish to keep.

Regarding the pairing process, please go over the troubleshooting steps listed here. Forgetting the WiFi name and the Bluetooth ID normally resolves the pairing issue.

If all else fails, please reach out to our Support Team for further assistance. https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks!

EJ