Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

SD Card Reader Broken (somehow mid use) nothing seems to work to fix it

[ New ]

Good afternoon,

I am currently in Indonesia so I am trying to see if there is any possible way to fix my issue without physically sending my camera in for repair. 

Issue: Red notice on display saying "SD Card Error" or just "Error" depending on if I try to use the camera. This started while I was using the GoPro to take an underwater video. The SD card that I had in the camera at the time was a ScanDisk Extreme Pro 64GB V30 A1 U3. When I removed the card it looked dirty on the copper part, almost like it had gotten burnt or corroded a bit. I wiped it off and it worked fine in my computer to get the pictures and videos off. 

Things I have tried:

1) Reformated the SD card on my computer (it would not work on GoPro it got stuck "deleting")

2) Bought a new SD Card

3) Tested the GoPro with a friend's SD card that we know works on the same model 

4) Reset the GoPro to factory defaults 

5) Factory reset

If you can offer any additional suggestions I would greatly appreciate it! We are about to start a week of diving and I would love to be able to use the camera. 

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: SD Card Reader Broken (somehow mid use) nothing seems to work to fix it

[ New ]

Hi @grantd36704 

Please see information on your other post.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

Re: SD Card Reader Broken (somehow mid use) nothing seems to work to fix it

[ New ]

Hi @grantd36704 

Please see information on your other post.

Thanks!