Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

SD Card For 4k Timelapse (Not 4k Video)

I know i need a U3 micro sd card for 4k video (30 fps- hero 5), but can I use a downgraded micro sd card (class 10 U1) if i'm only doing a 4k time lapse (1 fps)?

Seems to me I should be fine with the U1 micros sd card if the camera is only taking 1 4k picture every second, but i haven't tried it yet.

thanks for input!

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Adventurer

Re: SD Card For 4k Timelapse (Not 4k Video)

No. you'll buffer and crash that is where troubles  happen if asked. you'll need the  card rather  try to save the dollar spend it you will nt be disappointed I use outside of the list and I rather not say. if it works for me it may not work for you. snd I have no problems with it.   I get the Sandisk extreme series not Ultra's good luck,.  

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Adventurer

No. you'll buffer and crash that is where troubles  happen if asked. you'll need the  card rather  try to save the dollar spend it you will nt be disappointed I use outside of the list and I rather not say. if it works for me it may not work for you. snd I have no problems with it.   I get the Sandisk extreme series not Ultra's good luck,.  

Highlighted
Tourist

in hindsight, i've done it multiple times with the downgraded SD card and it has worked with a hero 3 plus black. 

hmmmm...

Highlighted
Adventurer

Yes you're dealing with less bitrate and photo size I can not stop you but if you like be my guest I still get a  card that is fast enough they do not run a lot of  money do they?  they may in regonal areas.