Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

SD Card Error

[ New ]

I keep getting SD Card Error with my GoOro Hero 9 (firmware v1.5) on my new Sandisk Extreme 256GB micro SD card. It has been formatted in-camera on a number of occasions, had its contacts cleaned and always has over 200GB free. Up until just now, the camera has managed to repair the files that mysteriously become unreadable even after I've reviewed them, but just now it lost everything I had on it. I am furious and deflated. I have had 4 different GoPros in the past, including the 8, and I have NEVER had this issue. I am a professional Video Journalist and now cannot trust my camera. If anybody tells me it’s the card, it’s the space, it’s the formatting, it's the dust, please don’t. I have also tested the micro SD card on other (4K) video cameras and it works fine. I can't roll back the firmware, so I suppose I'll have to return the camera, unless anyone has a fix.

Hiker

Re: SD Card Error

[ New ]

Use a different card?  It seems churlish to throw away an expensive camera because a cheap SD Card causes problems. 

Tourist

[ New ]

It's not a cheap card - what gave you that idea? The Sandisk Extreme is GoPro's number one recommended card for use in this camera.

Tourist

[ New ]

Bonsoir 

Pareil , cela vient de m'arriver aujourd'huis et je suis degoutée car c'est leur carte SD qui m'on fourni avec la GOPRO 9 !!! J'ai les nerfs car j'ai que des problemes depuis que je l'ai (5jours) .

J'esperes qu'ils vont resoudres ces problemes.

Bon courage .

Tourist

[ New ]
Thank you, it has also happened with the card that came with my camera! This card is the same as my 256gb version. In my experience, you’re very unlucky to have two consecutive good Sandisk cards fail; much more likely is that which they have in common; the camera.
Tourist

[ New ]

I am having exactly the same issue as you with a 128GB SanDisk Extreme Pro (SDSQXCY-128G-GN6MA). At first GoPro support had me do a manual firmware reinstall of v1.5 but that didn't work and today I lost almost two hours of video due to file corruption (60fps, 1080P, high bit rate)

Why can't you roll back the firmware? I just downloaded v1.22 from here:

https://fichiers.touslesdrivers.com/66340/Update.zip

Then create a folder on a formated sd card called "UPDATE" then extract the contents of the zip file to the folder and insert into the gopro. When the gopro is powered on it rolls back the firmware to v1.22.

I haven't tested enough to see if the problem is fixed, but I am hopefully since some other users said they only started to have SD card errors after the v1.5 update.

Tourist

[ New ]

Thank you for your constructive reply. I have also manually reinstalled v1.5 and I've had no improvement. I'll rollback to the older version with your link and see how I get on. It's a shame we might have to rely on that as it was quite buggy, but if it stops the loss of footage...