Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist
Accepted Solution

SD Card Error

Hello,

I am using GoPro Hero 5 with ScanDisk ultra 128 GB micro SD XC I, recently I travelled for 15 days and shoot some videos and photos with GoPro.

When I came back and trying to copy the files in my laptop it doesn’t able to read the card and it shows SD Card Error when I insert it in GoPro. I don’t want to format it as I didn’t copy the files yet, it’s very important memories of my life.

The card worked fine with the GoPro in past.

Could you please help me to recover my data from the SD card?

Thanks

Deepak

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: SD Card Error

Hello @deepakpatwal

There is a high chance the SD card itself is the issue. If you would like to recover files, the SD card by itself must be able to be recognized by your computer for the software to work. If the SD card is not able to do this, you may need to reach out to a third party to look into options in recovering the data. You may also get in touch with the SD card manufacturer to check if they can troubleshoot the SD card issue. 

Best regards, 
Marius

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

Hello @deepakpatwal

An SD Error typically indicates that your camera cannot properly communicate with the SD card. Is the SD card that you are using a recommended one for the camera? You can check out this link for recommended SD cards link to verify. 

In the meantime, try manually  copying  or moving your GoPro files to your computer, and not through Quik. Once your files are copied, go ahead with the reformat and update of the camera's firmware. Let us know how it goes. 

Thanks, 

Marius

Tourist

@mariustanya

Hello,

Thank you for your help!

I tried to copy files manually by removing the card from GoPro and inserted into laptop, but laptop is not able to read the SD card. No new drive is created when i add the SD into laptop (tried in many laptop but didnt work).

It worked fine from past more then 1 year.

Thanks

Deepak

GoPro

Hello @deepakpatwal

There is a high chance the SD card itself is the issue. If you would like to recover files, the SD card by itself must be able to be recognized by your computer for the software to work. If the SD card is not able to do this, you may need to reach out to a third party to look into options in recovering the data. You may also get in touch with the SD card manufacturer to check if they can troubleshoot the SD card issue. 

Best regards, 
Marius