Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

SD Card Error Hero 5 (16GB & 32GB)

[ New ]

I always get SD Card Error from my two SD Extreme Cards SDHC, the 16GB was a part of the bundle from Gopro. had done formatting of SD cards and updating the firmware of the Gopro, still the problem is there.

sd card error.png

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: SD Card Error Hero 5 (16GB & 32GB)

[ New ]

Hello @loyaloasis31648

Sorry to hear about the trouble. When did you get your GoPro package? The SD card that you are using has been found to not work compatibly with the functions of the HERO5 Black camera. You can check out the update list of recommended SD cards here

Hope this helps. 

Best regards, 
Marius

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @loyaloasis31648

Sorry to hear about the trouble. When did you get your GoPro package? The SD card that you are using has been found to not work compatibly with the functions of the HERO5 Black camera. You can check out the update list of recommended SD cards here

Hope this helps. 

Best regards, 
Marius

Adventurer

[ New ]

@loyaloasis31648 wrote:

I always get SD Card Error from my two SD Extreme Cards SDHC, the 16GB was a part of the bundle from Gopro. had done formatting of SD cards and updating the firmware of the Gopro, still the problem is there.

@mariustanya must have missed that part?  double check that you formatted your card in a computer not a quick format. once you did htat, then  do it in the camera. and then simply  do some test recordings.   I find  if any  hidden file is on the card it can crash the camera. or cause an error.    

If you still have a problems then it can be the card wit ha bad sector, never know things do break down.    

If the card is out of the camera do you get the sd card error.

I be using a SDXC  card UH-1 U3 rated at min 45mbs write speed.  bare minimum!

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi @mariustanya 3 weeks ago from costco. The 16gb sd card was a part of the bundle.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @loyaloasis31648,

It would be best to contact GoPro Customer Support. 

They can check that for you. 

Please contact them via phone or Chat: https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Regards,

-Jay