Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer

SD Card Error, Freezing, Chopped sequences

Dear GOPRO, since I bought my first Gopro Hero 7 in October 2018, there was issues. The camera was turning off, sometimes freezing so I had to take out the battery and restart it. I wanted to claim for repair, in the 24 months period, but now, when I wanted to do it, I was 14 days late. I know, my mistake. So the camera is no longer in the guarantee period. Yesterday I tried to download the new system update and hoped for the best. What happened is very sad. Suddenly the camera stopped accepting any of the card I used normally before. It is ScanDisk and it was always working well. Sometimes I had to restart the camera, but overall I was able to use it. Now its doing working for like 30 s, then it says SD Card error. I don't know what to do. Please help. Thank you, Andrea.

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: SD Card Error, Freezing, Chopped sequences

Sorry to hear about the trouble, @andrula. What's the exact brand/model (e.g. Sandisk Ultra, Sandisk Extreme) of the microSD card used?

Additionally, there are some troubleshooting suggestions here NO SD or SD ERR on Camera's LCD that will help.

Let us know how it goes.