Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Ridiculously slow upload to gopro cloud!

[ New ]

Two weeks ago I signed up & paid for an annual subscription to GoPro Plus - really enticed by the auto upload & cloud storage. 

I've been stunned at how unbelievably slow it is, and also the same errors that many others have with error messages saying 'media already exists' when it simply does not. 

I'm in New Zealand, on a fast connection (70 Mbps down / 19 Mbps up). 

I see a number of other complaints on exactly this issue - it seems like this is almost akin to fraud, where GoPro is advertising a service that is not being provided. No help channels available either... I expected more from a company like this. 

What solutions have been provided to others?

GoPro

Re: Ridiculously slow upload to gopro cloud!

[ New ]

Hello, @leos71. This could be a case of some of your media, if not all, being stuck in the upload process. There is information at Manage Upload Page in Media Library that will all you through how to fix the issue. 

Tourist

[ New ]

Hello mariustanya

No, this is not the issue at all - it's purely speed related. 

I have a cleared upload list - and trying a test with a 4gb file - in your opinion, how long should this take, given the connection speed I have already? 

Please let me know your advice on time you think this should take. 

I note a lot of other threads on exactly this issue - seems to me this is related to gopro servers

Thanks. 

L

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @leos71

Have you tried using a different network?

You may also refer to this thread

Thanks!

Ej

Hiker

[ New ]

19mbps with perfect signal is 8.5Gb/hr.  Allowing for ISP throttling, connection inefficiencies, and server bandwidth I'd expect around half that, so 4Gb/hr, which is also approximately the speed I achieve at home with a 20mbps uplink, on a fast WiFi connection close to the router.  The upload speed does drop in the evenings when I presume there are more people using the 'net.