Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Reverse Go pro update

[ Edited ]

I was streaming perfectly fine with my Hero 7 black thru the Periscope app. That app allows people to follow and watch my kids games live or at their convenience. It also stores all the games for me.. currently storing 55 games. That are 1hr 30 min- 2 hours long. My camera updated and around that same time 29 days ago my camera and periscope stopped pairing. I’ve talked to numerous reps and one tried telling me that the two aren’t compatible but they worked fine together for 9 mons. He suggested I use the live feature the 7 has. I don’t want to use this feature and have to be Facebook friends to have someone follow me and be able watch their kids game that they can’t make but more importantly my whole reason for purchasing this $450 camera was to stream my kids games so family out of state/country can watch. With the time difference periscope allows that and I don’t have to stream a two hour game thru Facebook live.. not to mention become friends with teammates out of town relatives so they can also watch. I’m completely disappointed that go pro has offered no help to resolve this issue only stating they aren’t compatible and to use face book live which won’t solve anything or work like periscope does. I either want the update reversed to allow periscope to pair with my hero 7 like it was perfectly fine from January to September or I with be turning my camera and all the accessories in for a refund and will no longer support Go pro. I really just want the camera to work the way it was. Please help! Thank you

Nomad

Re: Reverse Go pro update

You may want to edit this post, this is a public forum and you've just posted your personal email and phone number for anyone on the internet to see.  This is a huge security risk.

Sorry to hear about your GoPro issues, you will need to find a copy of the old firmware to perform a manual downgrade of your camera's software.

You will need to do a websearch to find your old camera firmware.  When you find it and download it, you can use this video as a guide for performing a manual firmware update.

Adventurer

Periscope & GoPro. FW 1.51  does not work, use Live4.     gopro    limits and restricts the use.  their agreement  and contract must have ran out.

Tourist

How can I edit the post?? I didn’t realize i wasn’t writing the help center until it actually posted.
Adventurer

learn the site before posting I say  

Adventurer