Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Returns

[ New ]
Hi, I just wanted some advice on a return / new order. I placed an order for the Gopro Hero 8 on the 8th September 2020 after searching for a 9 release date and being unable to find one. Within a week of having my new Gopro, the 9 was released. I contacted the support team who were very helpful and advised I could return my 8 under the 30 day guarantee and order the new 9 instead (with it being the same price I paid for my 8). Due to work commitments, I am unable to post / return the 8 until 12 days after the RMA label was sent - an agent told me that as long as I post it off within 14 days of receiving the return email that this was fine, however I have read elsewhere that GoPro need to receive the return within 14 days of the RMA being processed - so I dont want to miss out on a refund because I doubt it will arrive within 2 days of posting. Also, it came with a 32GB microSD - which I have opened and disposed of the box (having had to cut it open to access the memory card). Do I return this opened one without the box or is it easier to return the new unopened one I have received with my Hero 9 instead - as this is sealed and could be used for someone else. Additionally, I have noticed some small marking on the folding fingers of the 8 from where I have trialled it on some mounts that I had for my Hero 7 - These are not scratches, just marks from where the folding fingers rub against the actual gopro when closing / opening them. I am worried that this may be classed as damage when in fact it is not, just due to the design of the folding fingers. They are really minor and only visible in certain light but I dont want to not get my refund for this reason (Picture attached). If anybody could advise on this it would be greatly appreciated and put my anxieties to rest. I have tried to contact the support team through the chat and call options but have been waiting several hours without reply.
Thanks in advance!!
20200924_203128.jpg
Hiker

Re: Returns

[ New ]

You can't return it if you don't have the original box. I know this for a fact because I made the mistake of losing just the mount that the camera comes on in the box and they would not accept it as a return.

I ended up selling this iteration of owning the HERO8 camera on eBay and recovered my money. 

If you don't believe me, mention it to support and they will make it painfully clear.

Tourist

[ New ]
Thanks for your reply droogles

I do have all of the original GoPro box / accessories - I am referring to the small bit of cardboard that the microSD came in. When speaking to the customer support they said it was fine that I had removed the films from the camera so don't understand why removing the microSD from its package should be an issue..?
Hiker

[ New ]

That's fine. Just don't disguard that box and other assessories. Most people rip that card packaging to shreds.

Tourist

[ New ]
Phew, that's reassuring! I could understand if I had lost some bits but as I said, it was just the box that the SD came in, not the actual GoPro box or any of the accessories!
Hiker

[ New ]

Yeah, in fact I just retuned the 9 which didn't have the packaging for the card that came with it. It's on it's way back now with no card packaging.

Tourist

[ New ]
Okay cool, that's good to know I'm not the only one. Wasn't sure whether to return the new SD thats going to arrive with my Hero 9 but not sure if that has a different ID number logged to the packaging..