Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

Return to previous firmware in gopro hero 8 black

[ New ]
Does anyone know how to return to a previous update? With the previous firmware, with the buttons I could enter to modify the parameters of the protunes and now not.
Adventurer

Re: Return to previous firmware in gopro hero 8 black

[ New ]

Roll back is  possible only if hte file were saved at your end.  Gopro will not offer a roll back, ask them, and they will answer you?  it is possible.  i suggest reloading your firmware to  se eif it corrects your issue and google search online while anyone offering on here a roll back wil lget  penalized.

GoPro

[ New ]

@miniminimarc, we'd like to gather a few more information to help isolate the problem. Could you please tell us more about the issue you're currently experiencing with modifying the Protune settings in the camera?

Hiker

[ New ]
The problem is that I can't navigate the protune settings with the camera housing buttons of wb, 4k or 1080, fps, etc. It simply allows me to explore the preset modes.
Well, this is a problem for me! I need to be able to change the color temperature several times on a dive!
Adventurer

[ New ]

to better understand make a video demonstrating???? will you?

Hiker

[ New ]
before, doing this entered the protune configuration. Now I can't configure protune.
Explorer

[ New ]
On the HERO8 you can't change individual settings with the front LCD. What you need to do is create presets (in this case with different WB settings). You will then be able to press the Mode + Shutter to navigate to the preset that you want and then press the the top shutter to select it. This is just how the HERO8 works.
Hiker

[ New ]
https://www.dropbox.com/s/a40y1kqer6eok30/IMG_6830.mov?dl=0

before, doing this entered the protune configuration. Now I can't configure protune.
Hiker

[ New ]
Yes, but then I limit myself to just being able to modify what I have in the default modes, otherwise I could modify everything and when I bought the GoPro 8 I could do it and now I can't!
Adventurer

[ New ]

@danielr15 wrote:
On the HERO8 you can't change individual settings with the front LCD. What you need to do is create presets (in this case with different WB settings). You will then be able to press the Mode + Shutter to navigate to the preset that you want and then press the the top shutter to select it. This is just how the HERO8 works.

@danielr15    Now that the OP shown a Video, it answers the question that we think the camera can do it all.  @miniminimarc   that    Daniel answered your question and hit the nail on the head.  We can not use the front interface  to operate the camera in FULL, we are restricted and limited.

GoPro  hero 4 and under were the camera to do what you want not the hero 5 and up.  

thank you  for creating the quick clip now we all are on the right page.

Highlighted
Explorer

[ New ]

@miniminimarc 

I updated first thing when I got my HERO8 so I can't confirm that changing settings via the front LCD has ever been anything but changing presets.  However, since the firmware that you are looking for is not something that was ever released publicly (like all updates since), there is no way for anyone to provide it to you.  You can try contacting GoPro Support, but I doubt that the support reps will have a way to distribute it to you.  I guess you could try to get a camera exchange and just never update the camera.  If you can live without all the features of the camera, that might be the best way to go about this.

Adventurer

[ New ]

FW 1.00 is N/A by request, fw 1.20, fw .150 and fw 1.60 are  available by Online request, outside of gopro.

Adventurer

[ New ]

Untitled.png

Adventurer

[ New ]

All I do is manually update  and save,  we all do that but many are mobile ? (smiles)

Hiker

[ New ]
He intentado contactar con el soporte de gopro, pero no lo consigo (ni con el tf ni desde casa con el ordenador), la web no me deja enviar y me da un error de captcha o algo así.
En la GoPro 7 si que se puede entrar al menu de protunes con los botones.
Gracias por tu respuesta
Explorer

[ New ]
Yes, HERO7 Black has this function. It is not in the HERO8. Different design.
Hiker

[ New ]
I have tried to contact gopro support, but I can not get it (neither with the tf nor from home with the computer), the web does not let me send and gives me a captcha error or something.
In GoPro 7 if you can enter the protunes menu with the buttons.
GoPro

[ New ]

@miniminimarc, agreeing with @danielr15. I don't see this functionality available in HERO8 Black. You can only change/select the Presets when using the buttons to navigate menu through the front LCD screen of the camera. Anyhow, I'll pass this along to the team in charge.

If it helps, you can create Presets with your desired Protune settings. See HERO8 Black - Presets for more info.

Feel free to post back if anything else comes up. Stay stoked, and have fun capturing moments using your GoPro!

Adventurer

[ New ]

Feedback

Feedback for the request, get people active on it.   Also if you want that feature  go get a hero 4 black or older, gopro hero 5 and up never had the front interface  working in full. that said good luck/

Hiker

[ New ]
Buenos dias
Creando los presets que necessito de balance de blancos, mas o menos me serviria para lo que quiero hacer, pero me limita a poder cambiar solo lo que le programe en los presets, de la otra manera, yo en un momento dado puedo entrar al menu protune y cambiar cualquier cosa y modificar TODOS los parametros.

Con la otra GoPro yo habia estado hablando por mail con el servicio tecnico, pero ahora ya no tengo la direccion del correo.
He intentado varias veces de contactar con el servicio tecnico y por la web no lo consigo, si alguien pudiese darme una direccion de mail o decirle a alguien de ellos que contacte conmigo, mi mail es miniminimarc@gmail.com
Gracias