Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: Return to previous firmware in gopro hero 8 black

Yes, but then I limit myself to just being able to modify what I have in the default modes, otherwise I could modify everything and when I bought the GoPro 8 I could do it and now I can't!
Highlighted
Adventurer

@danielr15 wrote:
On the HERO8 you can't change individual settings with the front LCD. What you need to do is create presets (in this case with different WB settings). You will then be able to press the Mode + Shutter to navigate to the preset that you want and then press the the top shutter to select it. This is just how the HERO8 works.

@danielr15    Now that the OP shown a Video, it answers the question that we think the camera can do it all.  @miniminimarc   that    Daniel answered your question and hit the nail on the head.  We can not use the front interface  to operate the camera in FULL, we are restricted and limited.

GoPro  hero 4 and under were the camera to do what you want not the hero 5 and up.  

thank you  for creating the quick clip now we all are on the right page.

Highlighted
Explorer

@miniminimarc 

I updated first thing when I got my HERO8 so I can't confirm that changing settings via the front LCD has ever been anything but changing presets.  However, since the firmware that you are looking for is not something that was ever released publicly (like all updates since), there is no way for anyone to provide it to you.  You can try contacting GoPro Support, but I doubt that the support reps will have a way to distribute it to you.  I guess you could try to get a camera exchange and just never update the camera.  If you can live without all the features of the camera, that might be the best way to go about this.

Highlighted
Adventurer

FW 1.00 is N/A by request, fw 1.20, fw .150 and fw 1.60 are  available by Online request, outside of gopro.

Highlighted
Adventurer

Untitled.png

Highlighted
Adventurer

All I do is manually update  and save,  we all do that but many are mobile ? (smiles)

Highlighted
Hiker

He intentado contactar con el soporte de gopro, pero no lo consigo (ni con el tf ni desde casa con el ordenador), la web no me deja enviar y me da un error de captcha o algo así.
En la GoPro 7 si que se puede entrar al menu de protunes con los botones.
Gracias por tu respuesta
Highlighted
Explorer

Yes, HERO7 Black has this function. It is not in the HERO8. Different design.