Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

Return to previous firmware in gopro hero 8 black

Does anyone know how to return to a previous update? With the previous firmware, with the buttons I could enter to modify the parameters of the protunes and now not.
Highlighted
Adventurer

Re: Return to previous firmware in gopro hero 8 black

Roll back is  possible only if hte file were saved at your end.  Gopro will not offer a roll back, ask them, and they will answer you?  it is possible.  i suggest reloading your firmware to  se eif it corrects your issue and google search online while anyone offering on here a roll back wil lget  penalized.

Highlighted
GoPro

@miniminimarc, we'd like to gather a few more information to help isolate the problem. Could you please tell us more about the issue you're currently experiencing with modifying the Protune settings in the camera?

Highlighted
Hiker

[ Edited ]
The problem is that I can't navigate the protune settings with the camera housing buttons of wb, 4k or 1080, fps, etc. It simply allows me to explore the preset modes.
Well, this is a problem for me! I need to be able to change the color temperature several times on a dive!
Highlighted
Adventurer

to better understand make a video demonstrating???? will you?

Highlighted
Hiker

[ Edited ]
before, doing this entered the protune configuration. Now I can't configure protune.
Highlighted
Explorer

On the HERO8 you can't change individual settings with the front LCD. What you need to do is create presets (in this case with different WB settings). You will then be able to press the Mode + Shutter to navigate to the preset that you want and then press the the top shutter to select it. This is just how the HERO8 works.
Highlighted
Hiker

[ Edited ]
https://www.dropbox.com/s/a40y1kqer6eok30/IMG_6830.mov?dl=0

before, doing this entered the protune configuration. Now I can't configure protune.