Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Return rn policy for water damage

[ New ]
Hello. My new hero 9 on its second trip into the water turned off and would not turn on again. After coming out of the water I dried it off and opened up the battery housing to find moisture inside. I am 100% sure it was closed properly. My last gopro had a case so I made sure everything was sealed right. So now I have removed the battery and card and it’s been in rice over night. I have found that it very common for these hero 9 cameras to leak. Had I known that ahead of time o would have bought the waterproof housing even though it will never go more then 4 meters into the water.
So what now? I’ve read a bunch of Info in the forum and am not going to wash the camera in the sink to get seawater out of it. That sounds ridiculous to me.
I believe there was a return replacement policy when I bought the camera and all the gear. I tried to contact customer service and it keeps directing me to a fluffy Q and A section that has no useful information because it’s outside the customer service hours.
A little frustrated with all this. Please give me a contact to a live agent.
GoPro

Re: Return rn policy for water damage

[ New ]

@robertn41, you may reach out to our Support Team through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs to initiate a callback request or chat with one of the representatives. You can contact them within their operating hours.

Once on the page, fill out the form and you will be given an option to initiate a chat conversation or to request a callback. Be sure to put in your best contact number on the form.

Should you encounter any issue scheduling a callback or a live chat, please ensure that your browser isn't blocking cookies and the pop-up blocker should be disabled.

If you run across issues, there are some suggestions provided by a Hub member in this thread that might help.

Tourist

[ New ]

A big shout out to go pro for the assistance and accepting to replace the camera. However I will be purchasing the waterproof housing for all my underwater shots even if it's only in a meter of water as I can't afford to loose the use of my camera again. 

GoPro

[ New ]

Glad to hear that our Support Team was able to assist you, @robertn41. Let us know if anything else comes up.