Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Return product: what is this procedure?

My new Fusion, in the first charge, did not charge. And the light keeps turning on and off.

It could be the cable, the camera or the battery. I spent hours staring at the plug, it did not charge, it did not turn on the light. I unplugged the camera and put it again. It worked. Charged for 2 minutes and stopped again. Then, I plug on the computer, nothing happened. I took out the battery and put it back. It began to charge, but the camera inconsistent turned on and off constantly.

I started the chat and reported the problem with the support. The person who answered me said that she did not know anything about the Fusion and had to contact someone. She came back and asked me to plug the camera without the battery (?) into the computer and see if it worked. After all, the technical support response was: it is normal for the camera to turn on and off while charging! What? With all the equipment I have at home, I've never seen that happen. Technical support knew less than I did.

I then asked to change the product for a new one and what was my surprise? She asked me to send only the Fusion, the camera, alone, inside any box – not the original box! – without its accessories, even without the battery, which could also have some defect.

But how can I send a Fusion camera, with its lens on both sides, alone in a box? How is it possible that GoPro won’t send me a new whole product? I just bought one! I couldn’t even use! I do not want pieces of the product that I bought as a whole. I want everything new! How can I know how the camera would come back? It will be a new camera? An used camera? The same camera?

Is this the real procedure taken by GoPro? Throw a new camera inside some random box and give it back to the customer?

Accepted Solutions
GoPro Community Manager

Re: Return product: what is this procedure?

I wasn't able to find a case number for your email address related to a Fusion in our system. If you can reply back with that number, I'll be glad to have one of our supervisors look into it so we can get you some more information.

In general though, we don't ask for batteries to be shipped back due to limitations postal carriers have on batteries. Also, if we do a return authorization, we do not send back the same camera you sent to us. Receiving the camera, doing full diagnostics, making repairs, and then shipping that camera back to you would take too long. Instead, as soon as we get your old camera back, we send you a new camera that has been fully tested.

Jeff

View solution in original post

All Replies
Adventurer

Did you purchase at gopro.com?

with my newer gopro's today they will  when reaching its 80% charge start to go on and off the charging about five times. hero 5 black and Hero 5 Session. it doing some internal testing I guess  finalizing it   trickle charge....  Is that what you are experiencing?

Tourist

Yes. I bought at gopro.com

But is not this problem. It will not turn on if you do not remove and insert the battery. Then turn the camera on and off. It was almost 5 hours to load. Plugged in, but not charged.

GoPro Community Manager

I wasn't able to find a case number for your email address related to a Fusion in our system. If you can reply back with that number, I'll be glad to have one of our supervisors look into it so we can get you some more information.

In general though, we don't ask for batteries to be shipped back due to limitations postal carriers have on batteries. Also, if we do a return authorization, we do not send back the same camera you sent to us. Receiving the camera, doing full diagnostics, making repairs, and then shipping that camera back to you would take too long. Instead, as soon as we get your old camera back, we send you a new camera that has been fully tested.

Jeff

Highlighted
Hiker

I think the procedure is to ignore you and keep sending you replacements....

Becasue that is exactly what is happening to me. They pretty much are stealing my money in a sense.

GoPro Community Manager

@motohoarder - I've flagged your case to our team so we can get this taken care of for you.

Tourist

I did the camera return. I asked for the money reversal. I was very sad because I did not have the equipment I wanted. I would like to buy again, but this camera is very expensive so it is presenting problems in this way.

How to believe that a new camera worked, even more reading the comment of another person who is also going through the same problem. There are 3 people I know so far with the same problem that the camera does not work.

My purchase number is MP-03134701

I still want the camera, how do I do it?